Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm Still Here

Wow. It's been awhile since I posted anything. I'm still here! Still pursuing music and still trying to desire God. Not much has happened since my last post. I have since then finished reading Hurt Healer and suggest it to anyone. Haha. Umm, I have written loads of songs since then (Trying to get it all lined up for recording of my album in the Fall. Whoo!), went from being a Sophomore to a Junior, and nothing else has much happened. Haha. Pretty boring right now, but Summer's starting so it'll start getting exciting soon!! Got Canal Lake Bible Camp '11 coming up in July. I'm absolutely stoked about that. Umm, and now I've got a break from playing worship every Wednesday because Youth Group is out. Don't get me wrong, I love doing worship so much. The band was described on our last night of the summer as having"...brought the Youth to the throne." It was amazing. (You'll notice I am rambling but I just had to get this caught up.) So what does the band do at practices now? Write music for ourselves of course!! Let's see, what else can I talk about.... I think that's it. But since I feel like being kinda random I'm gonna include some of my favorite quotes below!

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" - Oscar Wilde

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - Oscar Wilde

"The more I think it over, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." - Vincent van Gogh

"There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up." - Booker T. Washington


"Music is a language that transcends race, religion, genre, and politics and simply speaks to us. It is something so unimaginably beautiful and moving that you cannot help but see that there is a God who loves us so much, that he gave us music." - Reece Ogburn

"God gives you one face, yet you make yourselves another." - William Shakespeare

Well I guess that's all for now.

Leave me a comment if you wanna hear my thoughts on anything or if you have a good topic for me to right about!

Peace,
Reece

P.S. Happy Birthday Les Paul http://goo.gl/doodle/1lAo5

No comments:

Post a Comment